- Please pray for all those who volunteer their time for Ariel Ministries worldwide. Pray that the Lord will continue to send sowers where they are needed. Please pray for a successful 2016, that the Lord will give clear direction to everyone in this ministry.
- CLICK HERE FOR THE SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER 2016 PDF VERSION OF THE PRAYER GUIDE.
- We praise the Lord that the new office building was completed by the time Camp started.
- For a very successful and rewarding six weeks of Camp 2016. The first five weeks were full, and even the sixth week, which is usually the smallest due to the nature of the course, had over 30 students.
- For Mary Ann’s health.
- For the completion of the third dormitory and the new office building. We have received additional funds for these projects, and all workers have been kept on staff, but not all of the finances needed have come in. Please pray that we receive funds. The third dorm is close to completion, and we were about to lay down the foundation of the fourth dorm. The goal now is to raise the shell on the foundation before the snows come, and then the interior can be worked on during the winter months.
- For additional funds to complete all of our projects for the campus, which will expedite the new school.
- Please pray for the details in finalizing the school program for the year 2016-2017.
- Please pray for more students to apply for the one-year school program. We received only one application for the fall trimester requiring us to cancel the classes. Pray that the Lord will send us 15 students for the winter and spring trimesters and also for the academic year 2017 – 2018.
- For the completion of the DVD study tour of Israel. The finished product will soon be available, Lord willing.
- For the salvation of my mother, my two brothers, and my three sisters.
- For my fall itinerary in Poland and the USA.
- For the editing, formatting, and proofreading of volumes two, three, and possibly four and the abridged version of The Life of Messiah. Pray that the volumes will be published in a timely manner.
- Please continue to pray for the search for a new web master who would be handling our various websites and our online store.
- Please pray for a good turnout for Arnold’s Israel 2017 Tour. It is a good possibility that the 2017 tour will be his last Israel tour.
- Please pray for safe travels for Arnold as well as our branches and field representatives as they travel for the purposes of teachings God’s Word.
- We continually ask for prayer for the supporters of Ariel Ministries. Without their generous and consistent giving, we would not be able to continue teaching God’s Word through Arnold and his courses, seminars, and lectures.
- Please pray that we as a ministry overall will continue to be good financial stewards.
- Please pray for our teaching materials. That through our various publications and marketing, we are able to reach many who are in need of good solid biblical teaching.
- Praise the Lord for all the help He provided during our time at Camp! The kids and teens utterly enjoyed their time at Camp, and we are so grateful for the teachers and assistants the Lord provided.
- We cannot praise the Lord enough for His faithfulness in providing so many devoted volunteers. It is a privilege to work with brothers and sisters who tirelessly translate, copy-edit, and proofread for us. Thank you, Father, for sending workers into the field!
- We are excited that Arnold and the proofreaders finished their work on the abridged version of LoM.
Please pray for:
- Me as I am continuing to edit volumes 3 (and possibly 4) of LoM. Wisdom, a sharp mind, and the ability to concentrate are needed on a daily basis.
- The proofreaders as they work their way through volume 2 of the multi-volume version.
- Our work with translators around the world. They do phenomenal work which we need to properly honor by publishing their texts quickly and professionally.
- The publication of Footsteps in Spanish, Dutch, and Chinese.
- Families: As is true of all who work for Ariel Ministries, the enemy does not rest in his attempts to hinder us from fulfilling our calling. Please do not forget to pray for safety, health, and peace in the lives of all who are involved in the publication of our great material.
- We praise the Lord for the opportunity this summer to have gone to Capernwray Harbor. Teaching from Matthew from a Jewish perspective, we touched on issues that were new to many, including several pastors who were in attendance. There were many good follow-up conversations as well.
- We are grateful for new attendees to the congregation almost every week. Many say that they come after hearing us on the radio. This means we have a local influence, and that is good news!
- Praise the Lord for all the time granted to Jacques to study the Word and prepare.
- Please pray for the door-to-door outreach which we will be heading up this fall in Montreal. We are grateful for a similar work that will be developed in the Buffalo, NY region. We continue to pray for the outreach work in Calgary, Alberta. If anyone would like to pray for that ministry, you may contact us at email@example.com, and we can send you the weekly reports (Knock and Talk) of the various outreaches.
- Please pray for new materials to be translated into French.
- Please pray for new seeds, which will be harvested as we approach the traditional Jewish New Year and the Fall feasts of Israel. Please pray for openness in Jewish hearts.
- Please pray for more elders to come on board at Beth Ariel, as the congregation is growing.
- Please pray for Tom Paul, pastor at Madison Baptist church. We rent their facilities for our Saturday service, and Tom is undergoing chemotherapy. Every two to three weeks, Jacques is replacing Tom in the pulpit, usually for two consecutive Sundays. Please pray for Jacques as well, for stamina and preparedness to encourage many.
- Praise the Lord for a pastor’s family of five who drove across Canada to Camp Shoshanah after I met the husband at a meeting in May to introduce the ministry in Alberta. They were blessed during the five weeks and were a great blessing to others.
- Praise God I had the privilege to teach the teens the book of Ezekiel for three weeks at Camp Shoshanah and help them and the middlers with Scripture memory. The Lord enabled me to spend an extra week there when another teacher could not be there as planned. I enjoyed building relationships with the students that I pray will continue. They became excited when they learned of Ezekiel and the upcoming victory of the Lord when Russia leads the northern invasion of Israel. As usual, I left Camp spiritually refreshed, for which I am grateful.
- Praise God for some good opportunities to share the gospel this summer.
- Please pray for all the details surrounding my upcoming travel time through New Brunswick, Maine, and Quebec this fall. I should be on the road from mid-September to the end of November. I’m still looking for opportunities with groups where I can share the ministry of Ariel Canada. As with any road trip, I long to see people blessed by our materials so as to better grow in the faith and also to partner with the ministry through prayer and giving. I am praying to see the Lord increase my financial supporters. Please pray for housing, safety as I drive (including no animals on the road), and good health. This year’s trip will take me to a new city, Moncton, New Brunswick.
- Please pray for where I should be traveling early in 2017 before I head back to BC and Alberta in March.
- A former ultra-orthodox woman who came to faith two years ago has asked that we pray for more witnessing opportunities and the salvation of her ten children. She has been bolder and bolder in sharing with them, for which we can praise God.
- We were able to find a location for the Toronto Bible study.
- Michael taught and preached at Beth Ariel Congregation in Montreal in July. It was a great opportunity to share from the Word and to encourage others.
- We are getting ready to begin a new Bible study in the Greater Toronto Area this fall. Please pray for the last details to be organized (we are thankful to have a location) and for the hearts of those who will attend. Also, for the messages Michael will be preparing and presenting.
- Michael's new semester at McMaster university for his PhD studies as well as his comprehensive exams begin this fall. Please pray for clarity in his course work and opportunities to share the gospel with those he interacts with.
- All four of us (Sasha, Lilian, Ariel, and Liel) could participate this summer in the Camp Shoshanah. We thank God for that opportunity! We studied, had amazing times of fellowship, and rested (physically and spiritually) from the intensity of ministry requirements and life in Israel in general. We thank God for those who contributed to this trip, either by financial support or by being there for us.
- We moved to our new apartment, which, Lord willing, we will be renting long-term. A lot of work still has to be done to the apartment, but eventually, it will be nice!
- Jonathan finished his three-year service in the IDF. All praise and glory is to our Lord! He used Jonathan in mighty ways during this time, allowing him to share the gospel with hundreds of people, either by teaching His Word each Wednesday at the request of the ranking officer or by witnessing on a daily basis through deeds and actions. He also handed out the New Testament to roughly one-hundred people on the base (with personal devotion to each receiver). We pray that God will further take care of the seeds that were sown.
- The second and last volume of The Footsteps of the Messiah has been translated into Hebrew and published by our partners. Praise the Lord! Very soon it will be placed on our website as a PDF. Please pray that this book will challenge many Jews and turn their hearts to Yeshua!
- The fall holidays are approaching. We ask God to use us to share His hope and plan of salvation with people He will bring into our path during the celebration of Yom Kippur and Succoth.
- The season of weddings is here. We run 10-sessions of pre-marriage counseling with three messianic couples. We pray that their marriages will reflect the goodness and love of our Lord Messiah Yeshua.
- Please pray for Jonathan, as he leaves for India and New Zealand to share the gospel with Israelis who go there after their service in the IDF. He will be there till April/May. Please pray for his health, for wisdom and compassion, for the teamwork, and for the funds for his airfare to New Zealand.
- Please pray with us, Sasha and Lilian, as we consider visiting Ariel branches in Europe and Australia. We may visit Jonathan while he is serving in New Zealand. If we do, we will be sharing what God is doing in Israel lately. We seek God’s guidance if and where to go, His wisdom and words of encouragement for His workers, and for finances that will enable us to do that.
- Ariel will be joining the IDF in the middle of November (special forces of paratroops). Prior to that, he will participate in a (pilot) discipleship program called “Hetzim (arrows of God).” The goal is to physically, mentally, and spiritually prepare potential leaders among the young Messianic believers for their service as witnesses while in the IDF. Please pray for Ariel’s health (lately he is easily injured) and that his eagerness and passion for the Lord may grow during this two-month course.
- We always appreciate your prayers for the translation of the “Come and See” discipleship program into Hebrew and Russian. We also ask you to continue praying for wisdom for Sasha and two other elders to lead our messianic congregation with grace and love and sensitivity and challenge at the same time.
- Without your prayers, our work would not be the same. We are all in the same ministry, serving our God!
- Praise the Lord for the fruit that we have had among a group of Russian Jews. One has come to faith, and four continue to ask questions.
- For the fruitful days spent with others in Jewish ministry at the 5th LCJE (Lausanne Consultation on Jewish Evangelism) AustralAsia in June.
- For the continuing growth among those who attend the Discipleship Training Center, both in numbers and spiritual maturity.
Praise for the non-believers who attend and leave with lots of questions.
- For the continuing support of those who have partnered with us for this ministry in Australia.
- For the upcoming mission trip to Yeppoon in Central Queensland. Churches want to know more about the Messianic Jewish perspective of the Scriptures.
- Praise for the ongoing relationship with some of the local pastors.
- Continue to uphold us in prayer as we increase our efforts in evangelism to both Jew and Gentile.
- For the Lord’s continued blessing upon the discipleship training classes and that new disciples will continue to be added.
Sept 9 -13 teaching and preaching in Yeppoon.
- Home fellowship on Friday nights.
- Passover Seder demonstration, Saturday nights.
- Teaching/sharing at three churches on Sundays.
- Monday nights Men’s group. Pray that there will be fruit to salvation.
- Continue to pray for us as we build upon the sure foundation of our Messiah making this an effective ministry in Australia.
- I need a Barnabas.
- Praise and Prayer report from Ariel NZ
- Praise God for all He has done and His provisions for Ariel NZ:
- For those who are attending study groups all over the country and learning God’s Word from a Jewish perspective.
- For the love and encouragement from our families.
Please pray for:
- Wisdom, faithfulness, health, strength, and humbleness for the Ariel New Zealand board.
- That the Lord will raise up people from New Zealand who can attend the Ariel School of Messianic Jewish Studies in the US.
- For the necessary funds to do the work of Ariel Ministries in New Zealand.
- Please continue to pray for the board as we are seeking to appoint a new board member. Jason Santiago who has served on the board for the last two years has resigned. He is starting a new life in Australia. Please pray for Jason, that the Lord will lead him in his new endeavour.
- Please pray for the Israeli backpackers who tour New Zealand every year after finishing the military service. There is a large network of Christians who host the Israelis in their homes during their stay in New Zealand. Please pray for the tourists who hear the gospel message. Please also pray for those believers who are willing to share their homes and their faith with the young people.
- We have partnered with a Christian book store in Warkworth, north of Auckland, to stock Dr. Fruchtenbaum’s material. Please pray for a long relationship with them and that the Lord will use this opportunity for more believers to study God’s word from the proper perspective.
- Please pray for all Ariel supporters all over the world.
- But most off all, please pray for the peace of Jerusalem.
- For the successful organization of the 3rd Messianic Conference in Hungary with Dr. Arnold Fruchtenbaum. It was held on August 20th - 24th in a very central location in Budapest.
- Both Rita and Ivan did an hour long television program on Ariel Hungary, Rita’s book, the conference, and other Messianic topics.
- Noemi had a great time volunteering in a Word of Life youth camp in Hungary.
- For the participants of the 3rd Messianic Conference, that we may be able to continue the relationships we developed. Also pray for the conference material to be recorded on mp3.
- For the best use of Rita’s and Ivan’s one-hour television program about Ariel Hungary, Rita’s book, and the conference. Ivan was invited for an interview at a secular radio program. Please pray that this would be fruitful.
- For the new Bible study, beginning in September.
- For the salvation of the Jewish attendants at the Pesach demonstrations (Janet, Eva) and for Tamas, who later participated in our Life of Messiah study as well.
- For the salvation of Mariann. a Jewish woman who attended our Bible study. We have become good friends with her.
- For Lea, an 87-year-old Jewish Holocaust survivor, who invited Rita to a Jewish Women’s Club.
- For the Jewish twins Marton and Bori, with whom we became friends.
- To have committed disciples in our Bible study and fellowship.
- For the Messianic fellowship in our house and that we may find a permanent place for it in the near future.
- For our friend and faithful disciple Zoli who will have a heart surgery in September.
- For financial backing to continue the work in Hungary.
- For our outreaches in Budapest, that we may reach Jews in the neighborhood of our Bible school.
- For Bena and Ronji from New-Zealand who will visit us in September.
- For the translation of Rita’s book: Theology and Antisemitism into English (Rita translates, and Nanette edits and proofreads).
- For the salvation of our Jewish friends Gabor, Zsofi, and Edit with whom we have been reading the Old and New Testament for the past two years. Also for the possibility to continue this study in September, as Ivan will work full time.
- For the salvation of our friend Csaba, who began to attend the Life of Messiah study on a regular basis.
- For our Jewish friend Gyuri.
- For the salvation of our family members.
- Against rising anti-Semitism in Hungary.
Ivan has health issues. Please pray for his healing.
- Rita’s full recovery from the autoimmune disease.
- Rita’s mom suffers from the same autoimmune disease. Please also pray for her healing.
- For our daughter Noemi: for protection and good results of her high school studies; for her health; that she would find more believing friends.
- We praise the Lord for a wonderful time in Camp Shoshanah this summer.
- I praise Him for the opportunity to continue teaching the book of Revelation at my church, as well as to a Bible study group in my area and to a group in the slums.
- We had our first worship service with the new congregation in our city. 15 people attended despite heavy rainfalls, and five of them are Jewish people. I am teaching through the book of Romans. After Romans, we will be teaching Genesis. We praise God for this wonderful opportunity!
- We praise the Lord for Dr. Robin who is teaching on the life of the Messiah at his home church in South Gujarat. He taught on the end times and Israel during a two-day seminar in the Christian and Missionary Alliance Church in my city, and the teaching was very well received.
- Please pray for my family.
- We need a laptop and a projector for the new congregation. Please pray that the Lord would provide the funds needed to purchase these items.
- We received an invitation to speak in two congregations in North India and also from a Methodist church near my city. Please pray that the teaching will be well received and that I speak clearly.
- Please pray for the pastors and the leaders who partner with us.
- For the practical help we received in many areas. This was a real blessing and encouragement.
- We praise the Lord for a brother who was so kind to drive 500 kilometers to drop of tables we needed for a conference! People’s kindness and love for the ministry encourages us so much!
- Please pray for good and blessed conferences in September.
- Pray for the health situation of one of our translators (which is poor at times) as he works on the German translation of LOM.
- Please pray for wisdom in the further development of the ministry.
- The translation of the Teacher’s Manual and the Student’s Manual of LOM are completed! The Teacher’s Manual is split into two volumes. A sister, who attended Camp Shoshanah last year, finished proofreading volume one, along with the Student’s Manual. Pictured below are the first test copies. Arnold is holding the translation of his commentary on Hebrews, one of the Messianic Epistles published in Taiwan at the beginning of this year.
- This year my family and I were granted the opportunity to study at Logos Evangelical Seminary, where we are going to be equipped for future teaching in the underground seminaries.
- Vincent and Todd, two young men who have attended Camp Shoshanah, volunteered to join Ariel China.
- Finally, we are thankful that the Lord provided for us to study again this summer at Camp Shoshanah.
- Please pray with us for the publishing of the manuals and the commentary, either in electronic version or book form. We need to raise funds for publishing them in the United States and in China.
- Also please pray for our brothers Jerry and John (Vincent’s father). Hopefully, they will be able to finish translating Footsteps of the Messiah and the commentary on James. Please pray for the publishing plans for Taiwan this year.
- Please pray for the young men who joined Ariel China this year. Also pray that others will join the ministry.
- Please pray for my health and strength to study and do the ministry as well, such as editing short teaching articles for a new smart phone APP we are using and producing teaching videos which are uploaded to the Internet.
- Please pray that I would be allowed to start teaching in churches in North America, especially Chinese churches.
- Please pray that Ariel China could have a seminary in Hong Kong in three years. For preparation and financial needs to that end.
- For good use of the network by Israelis travelling in Europe this summer season.
- For an increase in enquiries and visits by Israelis using the network as they travel in Canada.
- For Eyal, an Israeli who, after hearing his host's testimony that the Lord had healed him from alcohol addiction, said that was a God he could believe in. He read the Hebrew Gospel of John booklet we provided and contacted his host to tell him that he was enthralled with it and that it had brought him much joy. He also said that he passed it on to another Israeli to read.
- For the hundreds of Israelis who have used Gefen's network, heard the gospel, and have been encouraged in each of the recent months.
- For the very encouraging feedback from Israelis and hosts.
- For new hosts who have joined Gefen's outreach in recent months.
- Prayer Requests
- For a continued increase in the interest from Israelis wanting to use the network in Europe and North America.
- For Eyal. May he be further drawn to Yeshua. May he eventually put his trust in Him, as he seeks the truth through God’s Word which has been provided to him and as the Lord works in his heart through the testimonies of the hosts he is staying with.For all the hundreds of Israelis who have used the network in recent months. May the demonstration of His love to them, the conversations and testimonies, the Hebrew Bibles and booklets draw many to the God of Israel and Yeshua the Messiah.
- May the Lord continue to bless our efforts to receive more hosts in the relevant locations for our outreach to Israelis travelling internationally.
- For the Lord's provision of the funds necessary to maintain and expand Gefen International Israeli Outreach at His leading.
- What an encouragement to know that you pray and God hears and answers! Last time we asked for prayer “that if anyone at Camp is not a believer that the Holy Spirit would not give rest until that person cried out for salvation.” We had a young lady here that not only came to faith but got baptized!! Everyone rejoiced with her, praising God through song and dance.
- It is so wonderful to have a “United Nation” here at Camp Shoshanah. Thirteen different countries were represented this year; many nations, many cultures, but one Lord. It was bittersweet to see August 13th, the last day of Camp, arrive as we all said our “see you next year’s” and “come and visit’s.” People were saddened to leave, but at the same time excited about getting back to the next chapter of their lives and sharing what they have learned here.
- Along with fellowship and teaching, the building continued, and campers even came alongside of the construction crew and helped. Walls to bunk house # 4 were lifted into place on the last week of Camp by crew and campers alike. By spring, two new bunkhouses will be ready for use! God is so good, providing all that we need just at the time that we need it.
- We had many young people work at Camp this summer. Please remember them in prayer as they are now in various places; some working at full-time jobs for the first time or new jobs; some still in high school; some going to college for the first time or returning to college for another year.
- Pray for our Sower volunteers, as they travel on, at the end of September, to other projects around the country. We are so blessed to have them.
Please continue to keep everyone’s safety and health in your prayers.
- There are always financial decisions to be made, and we seek God’s wisdom and direction in these matters. We covet your prayers for this.
- Pray that God would bring along the right workers to help in this ministry, now and in the future.
- People at large have given us great feedback and are grateful for the easy to understand biblical approach in which we teach.
- We are expanding our outreach to include other major cities in Texas and the U.S.
- For the United States and Israel.
- For wisdom and guidance in all we endeavor.
- We are in need of Spanish Bibles for distribution in different parts of Mexico.
- Please pray for me as I am teaching five times a week on the Jewish perspective of the Scriptures to a large group of men.
- We praise God for allowing us to distribute 6,000 copies of God in Eclipse in Russian to unbelieving Russian Jews in Israel. Please continue to pray for His guidance and the distribution of this book.
- We also praise God that the new restrictive religious laws passed in Russia in June did not hinder Slavic Gospel Association from delivering several thousand copies of God in Eclipse to Russia. This was a real answer to prayer. Please continue to pray for guidance as this book is used in Russia as well as Ukraine.
- I had good meetings this summer, as we ministered in Des Moines and Carroll, IA; Denver and Severance, CO; Salt Lake City, UT; Sacramento and Burney, CA; Kennewick, WA; and Ekalaka, MT. Most of the churches were new churches, and we pray for continued interest in reaching Jewish people for Messiah. We praise the Lord for safe travels.
- Praise the Lord for the reprint of my first book The Tri-Unity of God is Jewish and for the book, In the Shame of Jesus: The Hidden Story of Church Sponsored anti-Semitism, which was released in July. We pray that God will use the books in the hearts of believers who are abandoning Israel.
- We praise God that He has met our support needs through His people in the last two months. Pray that it will continue.
- Please hold up before the Lord the book God in Eclipse that He will use this book to open the hearts of many Jewish people in Israel, Russia, and Ukraine. I will be printing some copies in Russian for use in the US and would appreciate prayer for this project as well.
- Please continue to pray for the person who was interested in translating God in Eclipse in Hebrew. This is my most pressing item as I lay this out before the Lord.
- Prayer as I continue teaching at Cornerstone Bible Institute in Hot Spring, SD.
- Prayer for meetings this fall. Traveling for most of the summer, I have not had opportunity to schedule meetings to fill all the dates.
- Prayer for our continued support to meet our needs.
- Prayer for the editing process of my latest book Poking God’s Eye to come out hopefully in November and for the funds to come in to pay for its printing. Approximately $4,000 in additional funds is needed for this book to be released. Pray that God will use this in the hearts of believers in helping them to understand that standing against Israel places them at odds with their Savior.
- I have two projects that I will start working on this fall. For now I am not going to mention them, but these will be lifelong projects. Please pray for these unspoken requests.
- We want to praise the Lord for a great time of ministry at the IFCA and MJAA conferences this summer. We had great fellowship and made some good contacts.
- Tina was able to help teach the children at Camp Shoshanah this summer, and we want to praise the Lord for that opportunity.
- Our teenage son, Joshua, also worked at Camp this summer. It was a blessing to him, and we praise God for the opportunity and for his growth as a young Christian man.
- Praise the Lord that I have been able to start booking some speaking engagements for this upcoming fall and winter.
- The Lord has answered our unspoken request for direction and wisdom. We thank all of you who prayed for that.
- Please pray that God will raise up churches and families to join our monthly support team. We are still in need of monthly support partners before we can go full-time as missionary and field representatives with Ariel.
- Please pray that God continues to lay it on the hearts of churches and pastors to have us come speak during this fall and winter. The bread and butter of our ministry is teaching the truth of God's Word from a Jewish perspective.
- Please pray for me that God would give me clarity of mind and wisdom this summer and fall as I prepare courses and messages to teach.
- Tina and I have another unspoken request where we are asking God to work on our behalf. Please pray about this for us.