- Please pray for all those who volunteer their time for Ariel Ministries worldwide. Pray that the Lord will continue to send sowers where they are needed. Please pray for a successful 2016, that the Lord will give clear direction to everyone in this ministry.
- CLICK HERE FOR THE JULY/AUGUST 2016 PDF VERSION OF THE PRAYER GUIDE.
- We praise the Lord that the new office building will be completed by the time Camp starts.
- For a very successful and rewarding trip to Japan which finalized a 20-year ministry in this country.
- For Mary Ann's health so that she can attend Camp this summer.
- For the completion of the third dormitory and the new office building. We have received additional funds for these projects, and all workers have been kept on staff, but not all of the finances needed have come in. Please pray that we receive funds.
- For additional funds to complete all of our projects for the campus, which will expedite the new school.
- Please pray for the details in finalizing the school program for the year 2016-2017.
- Please pray for more students to apply for the one-year school program. We must have 15 students per trimester in order to break even financially. All of our courses are set up as two-week modulars. Please pray for additional students to sign up for these short-term courses. A final decision as to whether we will have a second year is dependent upon the amount of students registered by August 15th.
- For the completion of the DVD study tour of Israel. The finished product will soon be available, Lord willing.
- For the salvation of my mother, my two brothers, and my three sisters.
- For my summer itinerary in Europe (Hungary, etc.) and my spring itinerary in England.
- For the editing, formatting, and proofreading of volumes two and three and the abridged version of The Life of Messiah. Pray that the next two volumes, plus the abridged version, will be published in a timely manner.
- Please pray as the Home Office continues to look for a new webmaster to handle our websites.
- Please pray for Ariel's School of Messianic Jewish Studies, for continued student enrollment.
- Please pray for the ministry overall, that we continue to be good financial stewards.
- Please pray for our publications, translations, and marketing efforts, that we may find maximum reach to and play a strong role in the lives of Bible students all over the world.
- Pray for our missionaries and branch leaders. Pray that they will continue to be used in a mighty way all around the world and will continue to grow in their reach and level of impact.
- We cannot praise the Lord enough for His faithfulness in providing so many devoted volunteers. It is a privilege to work with brothers and sisters who tirelessly translate, copy-edit, and proofread for us. Thank you, Father, for sending workers into the field!
- We are excited that the abridged version of LoM is in the proofreading stages. The feedback we are receiving from those who are working through the book at this time is very encouraging. They love it!
- Emily has successfully passed the baton of her work as magazine editor to me. Praise the Lord for a smooth transition!
Please pray for:
- The editor-in-chief as she is continuing to edit volumes 2 and 3 of LoM. Wisdom, a sharp mind, and the ability to concentrate are needed on a daily basis.
- Arnold and the copy-editors of our books and magazine articles who make sure the editor did a good job. They, too, need wisdom, clear minds, and strength to continue their important work.
- The proofreaders as they work their way through the abridged version of LoM, followed by volume 2 of the multi-volume version.
- Our work with translators around the world. They do phenomenal work which we need to properly honor by publishing their texts quickly and professionally.
- The publication of Footsteps in Spanish and Chinese. Pray that I find Christian book distributors in Central and South America who are interested in selling the book for us.
- Families: As is true of all who work for Ariel Ministries, the enemy does not rest in his attempts to hinder us from fulfilling our calling. Please do not forget to pray for safety, health, and peace in the lives of all who are involved in the publication of our great material.
- Camp Shoshanah: This summer, I once again have the immense privilege to serve as youth teacher at Camp. Please pray for our students and the team, and that all will walk away refreshed in the Lord and equipped for a life of servanthood.
- Camp is also a time to network. Please pray that I’ll have many opportunities to establish new contacts with potential helpers, strengthen the relationships I already have, and get a chance to interview people for the magazine or find new authors for articles.
- My work as editor does not stop while I am at Camp. Please pray that it is blissful and productive.
- We are very grateful for the increased interest in listenership at OnePlace (Messianic Perspectives) and our local weekday radio program "Ariel Shalom." We have more inquiries concerning the theology of the Bible, and there has likewise been an increase in attendance at Beth Ariel Congregation.
- We are grateful for the local Jewish door-to-door outreach which has been continuing these past 12 years. It's quite something to hear Jewish people actually thank and applaud the work of these Gentiles who had just offered them the Bible.
- We are looking forward to finishing the Map Book and have completed the French study guide for Footsteps.
- We are excited that there is a new translator who has offered her services for the ministry.
- Please pray for continued growth and outreach in the above-mentioned ministries: door-to-door, radio, and Internet.
- We continue to seek prayer for translation work into French.
- We are grateful for increased attendance at Beth Ariel including two Jewish people who are not yet believers. Please pray for Rena and Eli. Also please pray for two Jewish Israelis who passed the congregation at the exact moment J. Isaac was leaving and pointed out, “That must be Isaac Gabizon.” The name of the pastor is written on a billboard right outside the congregation. A long and lively conversation ensued. Please pray for El Chanan and his friend.
- Praise the Lord for a good finish to my time in Alberta, introducing new people to Ariel Canada and our study materials. One big treat was to meet third and fourth generation Jewish believers who hail from the same area where my father's parents grew up (Besarabia in Eastern Europe).
- Praise God for over a hundred new people who signed up to pray for our door-to-door Bible distribution through Beth Ariel. I am also very grateful for several new prayer partners and monthly donors, as well as generous gifts and safety during the whole trip. Although I didn't meet with Sahrah P. again in Calgary, I am thankful to have been a witness to her and her daughter at the community Seder.
- Thank God for a gal who became a believer when I shared two years ago and is now bringing her husband (who came to faith!) and young son to church. It's so encouraging to see how people have grown as a result of using our study materials, too.
- Praise Him for two unsolicited speaking opportunities soon after my return from out west, as well as a study I taught in Quebec City.
- Instead of going to so many provinces this fall, we decided I would just focus on New Brunswick and go to at least one new, large city there—Moncton. I am relieved to know I won't be going to five provinces in three months! So please join me in praying that the Lord would order my steps and my schedule for the fall. I have many phone calls to make!
- Please pray for my lesson preparation for Camp Shoshanah. I'll be teaching the two morning classes of the middlers and teens for weeks 4 and 5 from July 24 - August 5. May we be knitted together in the groups and learn well. May the Lord speak to every heart and that they would be drawn to know and follow Him.
- Please pray for the salvation of my sister Bobbi and my brothers Mike and Bill, as well as their families. I had another great opportunity to share the gospel with Mike's wife, Helene, in February.
- Thankful Michael had a productive and safe trip to Austin, TX to present his paper, along with making many beneficial contacts at the Enoch Seminar.
- We praise God for Baby Jesse's growth. He is a very joyful child, filled with lots of smiles and laughter.
- We have connected with a Jewish family with the last name "Gabizon" in the Hamilton area. Please pray we can have opportunities to share the gospel with them.
- Please pray for upcoming teaching opportunities at Congregation Beth Ariel in Montreal (in the month of July) as well as Philpott Memorial Church in Hamilton, Ontario (August).
- An elder of one of the Russian-speaking Messianic congregations in Israel has met Sasha recently and shared how blessed they are to have the "Come and See"; material translated into Russian. Praise God for that!
- We praise God for establishing and growing Or Ha-Sharon, the Messianic congregation where Sasha serves as an elder.
- We thank and praise God for giving Lilian an opportunity to teach at the National Women's Conference in Haifa. The audience of Arab and Jewish believers praised the Lord for the honor of receiving His Word and message to them.
- The whole family met with Arnold and his tour group in Jerusalem. We told them about Ariel Ministries' work in God's land and were blessed and moved by their love toward us. Our son Jonathan, who serves in the IDF, was able to share his testimony, ministry, and vision of being a Messianic soldier in the Israeli Army with the group.
- We also met Jake, the chairman of the Board of Directors of Ariel Ministries, and his wife Jeannie. It's a pure joy and honor to serve together.
- We thank the Lord for several divine opportunities to share our faith with the people who cross our paths in our day-to-day life.
- Please pray for wisdom for Sasha as he serves as an elder of Or Ha-Sharon.
- Please pray with us for the translators of the Come and See series into Hebrew and Russian.
- Please pray that the apartment we are going to move to will be ready before Sasha and Liel leave for Camp Shoshanah.
- We are still waiting on the Lord to provide the funds for Ariel and Lilian to attend Camp Shoshanah. That might be Ariel's last opportunity to dedicate himself to the intensive study of God's Word and the beautiful fellowship with believers before his service in the IDF.
- Praise for the different study groups all over Australia that have been started using Ariel material.
- For the provision of the building that we have set up as our discipleship training center and our head office.
- For the four training classes we run weekly, and for another group which meets twice a month (three Life of Messiah classes; one Come and See class; one Books of the Bible class).
- Praise the Lord for the new attendees who have joined us in these discipleship training classes.
- For the continuing support of those who have partnered with us for this ministry in Australia.
- Continue to pray for us as we endeavour to build upon the sure foundation of our Messiah, making Ariel an effective ministry in Australia.
- For the Lord's continued blessing upon the training classes and that new disciples will continually be added.
- Pray for positive outcomes as we network with pastors and others in Jewish ministries.
- Continue to pray for our efforts in evangelism to both Jews and Gentiles.
- Pray for us as we try to update and make our website more interactive.
- Please pray that even more Bible classes around the country would start using the sound doctrine provided by Ariel Ministries.
- Praise God for all He has done and His provisions for Ariel NZ:
- For all who are attending study groups and learning God's Word from a Jewish perspective.
- For Ariel's School of Messianic Jewish Studies and all who attend and teach.
- For the love and encouragement from our families.
- Please pray for:
- Wisdom, faithfulness, health, strength, and humbleness for the Ariel New Zealand Board.
- That the Lord will raise up people from New Zealand who can attend ASMJS.
- For the necessary funds to do the work of Ariel Ministries in New Zealand.
- Please pray for the board as we are seeking to appoint a new board member. Jason Santiago, who has served on the board for the last two years, has resigned, as he is starting a new life in Australia. Please pray that the Lord would lead Jason in his new endeavour and use him mightily in Australia.
- Please pray for the Israeli backpackers that tour New Zealand every year after finishing the military service. There is a large network of Christians who host the Israelis in their homes during their stay in New Zealand. Please pray for the tourists who hear the gospel message. Please also pray for those believers who are willing to share their homes and their faith with the young people.
- Please pray for all Ariel supporters all over the world.
- But most off all, please pray for the peace of Jerusalem.
- We successfully finished the Life of Messiah series in one year with an average of twenty attendants. We will be able to continue the Bible study in September with a teaching about the book of Revelation.
- The conference program for Arnold's trip to Hungary is completed. Thankfully, the conference will be in a very central location in Budapest.
- We praise the Lord for Rita's good blood-test results and that she is able to reduce her medications.
- Noemi will be a volunteer in a Word of Life youth camp in Hungary.
- For the salvation of the Jewish attendants at the Pesach demonstrations this spring (Janet, Eva), and for Tamas, who later participated in our Life of Messiah study.
- For the salvation of Mariann, the Jewish attendant of our Bible study and a good friend of ours.
- For Lea, a 87-year old Jewish Holocaust survivor, who invited Rita to the Jewish Women's Club.
- For the Jewish twins Marton and Bori, with whom we have an ongoing, intensive discussion about faith and the charismatic movement.
- For the Messianic fellowship in our house. Please also pray that we find a new meeting place for this group in the near future.
- Pray that more committed disciples of the Word would attend our Bible studies and the fellowship.
- For our friend and faithful disciple Zoli. In September, he will have to undergo heart surgery, and before that, he will be attending Camp Shoshanah.
- That our financial situation would allow us to continue the work in Hungary.
- For Jewish evangelism in Budapest, especially to reach Jews in the neighborhood of our Bible school.
- For the translation of Rita's book Theology and Antisemitism into the English language. Rita does the translation, while Nanette corrects and proofreads the text.
- For the salvation of our Jewish friends Gabor, Zsofi, and Edit, with whom we have been reading the Bible for two years now. Please pray for the opportunity to continue this study in September, as Ivan will take on a full-time teaching position in a school.
- For the salvation of our friend Csaba, who began to regularly attend the Life of Messiah study. Please also pray for his marriage.
- For our Jewish friend Gyuri.
- For the salvation of our family members.
- Against rising anti-Semitism in Hungary.
- Ivan has health issues. Please pray for his healing.
- Rita's full recovery from the autoimmune disease.
- Rita's mom suffers from the same autoimmune disease. Please also pray for her healing.
- For our daughter Noemi: for protection and good results of her high school studies; for her health; that she would find more believing friends.
- For our partners, churches, ministries, and especially for the upcoming 3rd conference with Dr. Fruchtenbaum as the main speaker. The conference will take place in August. The Brethren Church, Jews for Jesus, Greater Grace International Church, and Bible Speaks are partnering with us. Please pray for good attendance, for Arnold as he teaches, and for Ivan as he interprets.
- The Christian Missionary and Alliance Church in my city is organizing a two-day seminar on eschatology. Dr. Robin will be teaching on the end times and Israel.
- I am teaching through the book of Revelation in my church, and I have finished chapter 13. We meet every Saturday, and about 20 people are in attendance.
- You might remember from past prayer guides that I have been teaching a Bible study in the slum of our city. By now, I have finished the seven churches in Revelation and was asked to continue the rest of the book. We praise the Lord for the 30 people who attend the meeting.
- In another Bible study which meets every Sunday evening, I just finished teaching the eight covenants and am now going through the book of Revelation as well. About 15 people are attending this Bible study, and the teaching is well received. This group is lively, and I am encouraged by the people.
- Dr. Robin has finished Revelation in his church (about 70 to 80 people attend his class). Now he is teaching the Life of Messiah.
- Please pray for the translation of The Footsteps of the Messiah.
- Please pray for me and for my family. We are facing some serious problems, and we need your desperate prayers.
- Please pray for Dr.Robin as he is teaching in his church.
- I am going to attend Camp Shoshanah with my wife. Please pray for us.
- Please pray for the pastors of the Methodist church and Alliance church. Pray specifically for those who have shown their interest in teaching the Eight Covenants and Revelation.
- Please pray for the congregations of the churches, and for the Bible study groups where Dr.Robin and I are teaching.
- Please pray for my daughter as she is studying in Canada.
- For the new warehouse and office facilities that were given to us.
- For the good reception of Arnold's new teaching DVD in German.
- That God provided us with additional help in the Ariel team. We now have ten dedicated people in the core team and several others who consider Ariel their ministry and help us out whenever their work schedule allows it.
- For wisdom in how to best make use of the new facilities given to us.
- The financial situation, as we cannot run the office with volunteer staff only. The profit from the sales of our books covers only part of a paid position.
- For the implementation of our new evangelistic webpage initiative, where we will be using key prophecies from the Hebrew Scriptures to lead people to faith in the Messiah.
- For the translators who are working on the Life of Messiah books.
- For being able to finish the translation of the teacher's manual and the student's manual of LOM.
- For the opportunity to study at the Logos Evangelical Seminary in the US.
- For the fact that the first LOM teaching season ended smoothly.
- For the proof-reading of the next half of the teacher's manual of LOM.
- For our plans to publish Footsteps and Arnold's commentary on James in Taiwan this year.
- For the publication of the teacher's manual of LOM (volume 1), the student's manual of LOM, and Arnold's commentary on Hebrews, either in electronic form or as hard copies.
- For the teaching of LOM in a Bible school in the early days of next month.
- For our trip to the Camp Shoshanah.
- For our health and strength to study and minister. In addition to the things mentioned above, we are editing short articles about the Bible for a smartphone app and are offering teachings via the Internet.
- For our financial needs while studying at the seminary.
- Please also pray that God would raise up additional teachers from among our disciples and that He would open the doors for publishing our books in Mainland China.
- For the first enquiries from Israelis with plans to use our network in a location where Gefen has literally just started operating.
- For the increasing use of the network by Israelis in locations that are in their winter season and where once we had summer users only.
- For new hosts who have come on board with Gefen's outreach.
- For a recent Israeli user of the network who despite her involvement in the New Age movement was very keen to learn all she could about our faith in Yeshua. She took a Hebrew Bible and gospel booklets and watched several very good videos with testimonies of Jewish believers.
- For the hundreds of Israelis who have used Gefen's network and heard the gospel in each of the recent months.
- For the very encouraging feedback from Israelis and hosts.
- For those suffering loss in Israel from the recent terror attacks. May they come to know the Lord and His peace and be comforted.
- For continued interest from Israelis in previously un-serviced countries and for growing interest in using Gefen's network even during the winter season.
- For the Israeli girl heavily involved in the New Age movement: May the Lord open her eyes to His truth.
- For all the hundreds of Israelis who have used the network in recent months: May the demonstration of His love to them, the conversations, the Hebrew Bibles, and the booklets draw many to the God of Israel and Yeshua the Messiah.
- For the Lord to continue to bless our efforts toward receiving new hosts in relevant locations and in reaching out to Israelis.
- For the Lord's provision of the funds necessary to maintain and expand the outreach at His leading.
- As you, our faithful prayer warriors, read this, we will be in the midst of the 42nd summer of Camp Shoshanah! Once again, there are people from all over the world who are attending. It is so amazing to see how God brings His people together, to see the unity and harmony only He can provide within us. Home Bible teachers, eager students, young and old, pastors and their wives, missionary couples, Bible teachers, and scholars alike sit side by side, soaking in God's Word, digging into it in a way many have never done before. There is music and laughter coming from the kitchen staff as they prepare the meals and wash the dishes; jokes and sharing as the staff cleans the bathrooms and offices; much teasing and laughter from the guys as they build the next bunk house; bonding, prayer, and sharing of God's Word. This is a normal part of life here at Camp Shoshanah.
- We are so blessed to have our volunteers and Sower couples on site. These folks become such a part of the camp family and are a tremendous help to us. They are helping in the office, on construction, in the kitchen; you never know, they might show up in the bookshop or canteen, or in a youth classroom! All of these folks are dedicated believers who will even lend a listening ear, a hug, and a prayer when needed.
- The scholarship fund has been such a wonderful gift this year. Thank you all who gave to help someone else attend the camp program. We were able to help many!
- One summer, a young lady came to camp, heard of God's plan, went home, and accepted that plan. This year, she is coming back to be baptized! Thank you, Abba Father, for your steadfast love!
- God has truly showered His blessings on Camp Shoshanah, and we praise Him for His faithfulness.
- Please pray that if anyone at camp is not a believer the Holy Spirit would not give rest until that person cried out for salvation.
- As far as we know, Leslie and Fred have not made a decision for salvation as of yet.
- Pray for the young people: that God would work in their lives this summer. Maybe they need to accept Yeshua or turn their lives over to His leading. Sometimes it is hard for young people to sort out and communicate these needs and feelings.
- Continue to pray for the campers. Camp ends on August 13th.
- Pray for safety, health, peace, and unity.
- Please never stop praying for wisdom and direction as decisions need to be made concerning finances, building, ordering materials, staff, etc.
- For allowing us to share His Holy Word.
- For His faithfulness and love in our lives.
- For America and for the peace of Jerusalem.
- For the completion of the translation of Footsteps into the Spanish language.
- Please pray for Dr. Gomez's health. When editing the translation of Footsteps, he overworked himself to the point of having to stay in bed for long periods of time. He is completely exhausted. Please pray that he regains his health and strength quickly.
- Please pray for guidance on our next evangelistic plan—that God would lead and guide us.
- I am using Arnold's DVD on the Harmony of the Gospels with additional information. Please pray that God would continue opening the hearts of those in attendance. Please also start praying for the next group of men who will take the class.
- Please pray that the Lord would give me wisdom to continue teaching the Bible studies from a Jewish perspective. I teach at least five times a week, sometimes more.
- Please pray that the Lord would provide more Spanish Bibles.
- For numerous good meetings, conferences, and seminars in Pennsylvania, New York, and Maryland.
- The Russian translation of God in Eclipse has been printed and shipped to Russia, Ukraine, and Israel. The books will be used by pastors and their congregants to share their faith with Russian Jewish people.
- I just received word from a Jewish believer in Israel who is willing to translate God in Eclipse into Hebrew. Praise the LORD!
- Praise for another good year of teaching at Cornerstone Bible Institute in Hot Springs, SD.
- Praise for all those who support us regularly.
- For a reprinting of my first book The Tri-unity of God is Jewish.
- That I was able to purchase the rights to reprint a book called In the Shame of Jesus: The Hidden Story of Church Sponsored anti-Semitism. This book will be available through me on my refreshed website: www.PromisesToIsrael.org
- Please pray that I will be able to raise the remaining monthly support of $800.
- Please pray for the delivery and distribution of 6,000 copies of God in Eclipse in Israel. Continue to pray as the shipment goes through customs that there will be no problems. Please also pray for the distribution of these books to Russian Jewish people in Israel.
- Please pray for all the details that need to be worked out for the Hebrew translation of God in Eclipse. Also pray that God will lay it on the hearts of believers to support this project. At this point, I do not have a specific figure.
- Prayer for safety as Sharon and I travel west speaking in numerous churches in Des Moines and Carroll, IA; Russian Messianic Congregation in Denver, CO; Severance, CO; Salt Lake City; Sacramento, CA; northern CA, the State of Washington, and Montana.
- Prayer for meetings in churches this fall.
- Please pray that In the Shame of Jesus will be read by many who need to get a better understanding of the anti-Semitism of the church. In my opinion, this book is a must read.
- For my new book to come out in November called Poking God's Eye. This book deals with the theology and history of anti-Semitism, based on the blessings and curses of Genesis 12:3.
- I will be attending a meeting at the Orthodox Synagogue in Lancaster, PA. A topic discussed is the BDS movement in colleges, universities, and nations. Please pray for some good contacts with Jewish people and opportunities to witness to them of Messiah Yeshua.
- Prayer for wisdom and guidance as I have been asked to serve as an elder at our Messianic congregation, called the Seed of Abraham, in Lititz, PA.
- Praise the Lord for the opportunity to represent Ariel Ministries and Ariel's School of Messianic Jewish Studies (ASMJS) at the IFCA Annual Conference in June, and also at the Messianic Jewish Alliance of America (MJAA) conference in July.
- Praise the Lord for a successful and exciting study tour of Israel for Dr. Fruchtenbaum, ASMJS students, and others that joined the trip!
- Praise the Lord for our personal prayer support team and monthly financial support team. All of you are a blessing to us and are making a huge difference in our lives and ministry!
- Consider this a praise and a prayer request: God has opened up the opportunity for me to teach a course this fall at Scofield Bible Institute on Jewish history, and possibly a second course. Please pray for me this summer as I will be putting a lot of study and prep time into these courses and ASMJS courses I will be teaching. Pray for God's direction as I prepare and study.
- Please pray for Tina and I as we continue important work at ASMJS, including recruiting efforts, marketing, schedule and course changes, course preparation, new brochures and banners for the school, website changes, work in the library, potential student interaction, etc.
- Please pray that ASMJS gets the certification to issue visas for foreign students to attend. We are still waiting for approval from the Department of Homeland Security.
- Please pray that God continues to send students to ASMJS, including at least 15 students needed for the next school year.
- Please pray for the development of ASMJS online, as we begin work to design and implement an online option for the school.
- Please pray for Tina and I, as we travel for two weeks to minister and promote Ariel Ministries and ASMJS at the IFCA and MJAA conferences (see praise above).
- Please pray for God's blessing on the teachers and attenders of Camp Shoshanah this summer. Both our children will be active there, and Joshua will be working there this summer.
- Please pray that God will raise up churches and families to join our monthly support team. We are still in need of monthly support partners before we can go full-time and do the important work at ASMJS as well as missionary and field rep work.
- Please pray that God continues to lay it on the hearts of churches to have us come speak during this summer and fall.
- Please pray for our two children in public school, for God's protection, and for spiritual armor to be surrounding them.
- Please pray for my wife and I, as we have an unspoken prayer request for God's wisdom and direction.